FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - WEST INDIES V ENGLAND - 1st APEX TEST MATCH
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I buy tickets to attend the 1st Apex Test match in Antigua?
Fans fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can purchase a maximum of 4 tickets per person per day for any of the Apex Test Series matches through CWI’s online ticket service at www.tickets.windiestickets.com or alternatively through www.windiescricket.com/tickets. Note: a Windies Tickets account must first be created to proceed with an online purchase.
Tickets can also be purchased in person from the Box Office at the following time and locations
- Monday 7th March to Saturday 12th March: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium Ticket Office (by main stadium entrance) from 8.30am to 5pm
- 50% discount for local fans - how will I receive this match tickets?
Cricket West Indies is providing this special offer for local residents who have been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to provide affordable access for as many local fans as possible. The 50% discount is applicable to residents of the West Indies and is redeemable on purchases made online and at the box office. For fans buying online, , the WINDIES TICKETS service will apply a discount offer based on the address provided. When selecting a ticket in the online stadium "shopping cart", local fans can select the 50% discount from the drop-down menu on the right hand side of the page so this 50% discount is applied to their purchase.
This special offer is not applicable to hospitality, Party Stand VIP lounge or Party Stand special seating locations. It is available for standard Party Stand entrance tickets.
- What time do the gates open and when does play start?
Gates will open from 8.30am. Each day’s play will start at 10am unless there is a change due to weather conditions.
- How do I enter the stadium?
There are 3 entrances to the stadium, where you will be asked to show your COVID-19 vaccination documentation as well as your ticket. You can enter by any of the entrances and you are able to walk around the whole stadium to get to your reserved seats.
The Google map reference is:
- I bought a ticket online; how do I retrieve my ticket?
Tickets purchased online can be retrieved via your Windies Tickets account by following the following steps:
- After your purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to retrieve your tickets via your Windies Tickets account.
- Follow the prompts on the link to log in to your Account, or login at www.tickets.windiestickets.com
- Your tickets should be available to view, print or save to your mobile device. Alternatively, click on the “Order History” tab/link in the maroon bar on the right hand side of your account page to view your ticket order and then click on "See Details" to get to the specific tickets.
Please note your tickets will never be emailed to you by CWI. They are retrievable only through your Windies Tickets account.
- I bought my ticket online and am unable to print a physical copy; can I present my ticket from my phone?
Yes. Tickets purchased online via tickets.windiestickets.com may be downloaded and saved to your mobile device which will be scanned at the stadium for entry.
- I paid to collect my tickets, where is the ticket collection point?
The ticket collection point is the box office at the entrance to the stadium on the South Side of the ground.
- Do I need to do a COVID-19 Test to attend the matches?
A COVID-19 Test is not required for entry into the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium.
- Do I need to be vaccinated to attend the matches?
Yes. All patrons, players, umpires, media, event staff, caterers, ground staff and other stadium attendees must be fully vaccinated to attend, play or work at the matches. Persons are considered “fully vaccinated” if their final vaccine dose was received at least 14 days prior to match attendance.
- Will children be allowed to attend the matches and are there children’s tickets?
In Antigua, unvaccinated children can attend the matches with a fully vaccinated paying adult. Children’s tickets can be purchased online or at the box office at a discounted price of 25% of the price of an adult ticket (for local children, this will be at 50% of the price of a local fan discounted ticket).
- Will I need to show proof of vaccination for entry?
Yes. Official proof of full vaccination and a government-issued ID are required for entry on each match day of attendance. If your vaccination documentation/ID is not available for presentation at the venue entrance, you will not be allowed to enter the venue and will not be entitled to nor can claim a refund.
- What proof of vaccination will be accepted at the stadium?
Government-approved vaccination certificates - physical or digital - will be accepted as proof of vaccination. Government-issued identification will also be required to verify identity on vaccination documents.
- What are the COVID-19 protocols for the 1st Apex Test match in Antigua?
- All fans and ticket holders must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, other than children who if unvaccinated can attend with a fully vaccinated adult.
- All ticket holders must present official COVID-19 vaccination documentation.
- Masks must be properly worn at all times, except when eating or drinking. Ticket holders may be asked to put masks back on and should respect the wishes or stewards, marshalls and other fans.
- There is no social distancing requirement.
PLEASE NOTE THE PROTOCOLS IN ANTIGUA ARE DIFFERENT TO OTHER CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES AS STIPULATED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND THE CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA.
- If I contract COVID-19 and am unable to attend the matches, will I receive a refund?
CWI’s refund policy states that you will not be entitled to nor can claim a refund if you contract COVID-19.
If you were due to travel overseas to attend the match, a refund will be issued only if the government in the Caribbean or your home country advises against travel into the Caribbean, or if local conditions mean the match must be played behind closed doors. See our full Refund policy here
If you have travel insurance, you may be able to submit a claim through your insurer.
- If I miss the match I purchased, can I attend another match in its place?
You can only attend the match for which you purchased your ticket. Alternatively, you can gift the ticket to a friend or family member before the match and purchase a new ticket for the future match you would like to attend, subject to availability.
- Can I bring my own food items and drinks to the stadium?
Yes. Food and drinks will be allowed into the stadium. Coolers no larger than 12 inches x 12 inches (30 cm x 30cm) are also permitted. Glass bottles, knives and sharp metal cutlery are strictly prohibited. Note: Coolers are not allowed within the Banks Party Stand. although you can bring in backpacks and handbags for personal items and to bring water.
- Will there be food and drinks on sale at the stadium?
Yes. A full range of food and drink concessions will be available serving hot food and snacks, with soft and alcoholic drinks.
- Will there be a Party Stand for these matches?
We are proud to partner with Banks Beer and The Rocks Group, one of Antigua’s finest restaurant and events groups who will be running the Banks Party Stand presented by the Rocks Group. A range of different tickets and experience are available with more details here - https://www.windiescricket.com/news/party-stand-legends-hospitality-unveiled-1st-apex-test-antigua/. Tickets are available at tickets.windiestickets.com or the Kensington Oval box office. Your must be at least 18 years old and follow all COVID-19 protocols for the Party Stand.
- How much do the tickets cost for Banks Party Stand presented by the Rocks Group?
Tickets are priced from US$25 for entry only through to US$295 fo an all-inclusive VIP Lounge featuring Rocks Group menus, cocktails, wines and champage. The full range of tickets can be found here - https://www.windiescricket.com/news/party-stand-legends-hospitality-unveiled-1st-apex-test-antigua/