Windies Tickets Refund Policy
The following ticket refund policy for tickets purchased through Cricket West Indies "Windies Tickets" ticket service and box offices highlights the situations where a refund is, or is not applicable, with reference to weather affected play and COVID-19 vaccination documentation. This also outlines the relevant refund process if you have bought your ticket online, at the box office or through a tour operator or Official Cricket West Indies Tour Operator.
Weather affected play
If a day’s play is limited as a result of rain or other act beyond the control of CWI, CWI will refund the face value of day tickets or full Test Match “Season" ticket purchased as follows:
- Test Matches:
- If 10 overs or less are completed in any one day for a Test Match, ticket purchasers receive a 100% refund (excluding full Test Match “season tickets”), except where a match result has been achieved and match completed.
- If more than 10 overs but less than 20 overs are completed in any one day, ticket purchasers will receive a 50% refund (excluding full Test Match “season tickets”), except where a match result has been achieved and match completed
- If 20 overs or more are bowled in any one day, no refund will be applied.
- For Full Test Match “season tickets*” purchased to attend all five days of a match, if less than 100 overs are completed during the five days of play, excluding if there is a match result, the ticket purchaser will receive a 50% ticket refund of their season ticket price.
- One Day Internationals or Super50 (50 over matches):
- If 10 overs or less are completed in any one day, ticket purchasers will receive a 100% refund
- If more than 10 overs but less than 20 overs are completed in any one day, ticket purchasers will receive a 50% refund
- If 20 overs or more are bowled in any one day, no refund will be applied
- For Twenty20 International matches:
- If 5 overs or less are bowled: 100% refund
- In excess of 5 overs but less than 10 overs bowled: 50% refund
- In excess of 10 overs bowled (1o overs or more): no refund will be applied
The above does not apply to:
- A match that is completed early in the normal course of the play; or
- Where a reserve day for play has been allocated or a match is rescheduled, and this ticket is valid for such reserve day or rescheduled game.
Where a ticket has been bought at a promotional price or as a part of a promotional bundle, including Test Match “5-Day Season Tickets”*, the refund will only apply to the effected day’s cricket and proportionate to the overall purchase value.
Ticket purchasers will only be entitled to a refund of the face value of a ticket or the "cricket component" of a hospitality or party stand ticket in the following circumstances:
- where official government travel advice for a West Indies host country (e.g. England Tour of West Indies 2022 host countries are Barbados, Antigua and Grenada) or from the visiting playing nation's government is published advising against travel into the Caribbean country in question
- where local government regulations within a West Indies international match host country require that the match is played behind closed doors, and therefore without West Indies or travelling fans present.
For venues where presentation of COVID-19 vaccination documentation is required for entry, if a ticket purchaser does not have their personal vaccination documentation available for presentation with their ticket at a venue entrance, the ticket purchaser will not be allowed to enter the venue and will not be entitled to nor can claim a refund (see terms and conditions - https://www.windiescricket.com/cwi-terms-and-conditions/).
To receive a refund
Refunds will be made only for tickets purchased from CWI ticket offices, authorized ticket vendors or purchased online through CWI’s authorized ticketing platform.
Refunds will not be made to tickets purchased through 3rd party ticket resellers.
Refunds will only be made to the person whose name is on ticket, or whose name and payment details were taken for online purchases. Customers may be required to provide photo ID to provide identification and match ticket purchase details to the ticket purchaser’s name.
Under no other circumstances will refunds be given.
- For tickets purchased in person at a box office, the retained portion of the ticket stub must be presented and surrendered to a ticket office authorized by CWI within ten (10) working days after the completion of the game for which the refund is being sought. The refund will be provided in cash or via refund to a credit/debit card subject to how the original purchase was transacted.
- For tickets purchased online, the ticket purchaser must submit an email to email@example.com attaching a copy of their e-ticket receipt. CWI will make the refund to the credit/debit card used for purchase.
- For tickets purchased through a tour operator, the ticket purchaser must claim the refund through the respective tour operator, by providing details of the effected day’s play to their travel representative. The tour operator will arrange to refund the ticket purchaser based on the transaction details provided to purchase the tour package.
Protect Ticket Cover
If a ticket purchaser has purchased Protect Ticket Cover through the CWI ticket website or official tour operator in relation to an applicable match ticket, then the purchaser must, if permitted by the terms of the Protect Ticket Cover, claim any refund using the process described within such cover. Such ticket purchaser shall not be entitled to claim a refund from CWI where such claim is permitted pursuant to the terms of the applicable cover.
Only the “Cricket Component” of Hospitality tickets will be refunded in accordance with the CWI Refund Policy. The Cricket Component relates to the element of the ticket’s face value that is specifically allocated to the entrance to the stadium to watch the cricket, and is not linked to cost of any hospitality elements such as food, drink or entertainment. The specific information on this is available upon request through the local venue, the local Ticket Office or by contacting Cricket West Indies. Where this has been purchased online, purchasers will need to provide a copy of their e-receipt. Where purchased from the venue directly, the venue will also refund the “Cricket Component” where the purchaser provides evidence of the hospitality purchase.
Party Stand Refunds:
Only the “Cricket Component” of the Party Stand ticket will be refunded in accordance with the CWI Refund Policy. The Cricket Component relates to the element of the ticket’s face value that is specifically allocated to the entrance to the stadium to watch the cricket, and is not linked to cost of food, drink or entertainment. The specific information on this is available upon request through the local venue, the local Ticket Office or by contacting Cricket West Indies. Where this has been purchased online, purchasers will need to provide a copy of their e-receipt.
Fans must have a negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test to present at the Party Stands in Barbados, to gain entry to the venue. The test must have been taken a maximum of 48 hours before the start of the match day that you are attending. Without this, entry will not be allowed nor will you be able to claim a refund.
*Test Match 5-Day Season Ticket:
A Test Match Season Ticket is a 5-day ticket purchased at a promotional discounted price for access to all 5 days of a Test Match. If less than 100 overs of cricket are completed, excluding if a match result has been achieved, a Season Ticket purchaser can receive a 50% discount.