Cricket West Indies (“CWI”, “we” and “us”) and its website operator, CricViz Ltd are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how we may use any information that you supply to us, where that information identifies you individually.
CWI grows and develops West Indies cricket matches and the West Indies cricket teams as well as developing cricket in the 15 nations that form the West Indies. We provide services to our fans and the general public.
We are the data controller of the personal information (explained below).
We reserve the right to change the terms of this privacy notice from time to time, so we encourage you to check here periodically. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will seek your consent. We will provide this notice by email or by posting notice of the changes on our website or through any relevant services.
1. Types of information we will collect
“Personal information” consists of any information that relates to you and/or information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly. We may collect, use and store your personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us by:
- purchasing a ticket to one of our events; and
- purchasing any of our services
- registering for our “WI Insider” fanmail
The types of personal information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, your name, contact details, payment information (e.g. credit or debit card), gender and date of birth.
We may also collect technical information about your use of this website from automated technologies such as cookies or interactions and third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics.
Like most other websites, we may use ‘cookies’. Cookies are small amounts of data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow the website to remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient.
We use Google Analytics and some other third-party tools to retrieve non-personal information in the form of usage and user metrics when you using our websites.
These tools collect and analyze information such as:
- IP addresses
- Identifiers for different devices and software
- Exit and referring URLs
- Behaviour and Usage information
- Purchase history
- MAC Address
- Unique device IDs
- and other similar information.
Third party analytics companies that retrieve information from our sites or online products may combine this information with other information that they have collected independently from other websites, online products or mobile activities.
Google has further information regarding remarketing on their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines page.
2. How we will use the information that we collect about you
We may use the personal information collected to:
- Deliver our match ticket service and match information updates to you.
- Help us to provide you with a more personalised service that is tailored to suit your needs and to assist us in sending you marketing information about our West Indies products, tournaments and services via email, post, telephone, SMS or via digital marketing and advertisements.
- Send you marketing information on behalf of one of our sponsors or technical partners about products or services that they provide that may be of interest to you. We will not share your personal information with such partners, but may send a mailing or e-mail on behalf of our partners.
- Send you marketing information on behalf of Cricket West Indies, the West Indies teams matches, the Super50 Cup or other CWI tournaments, including key deadlines for ticket purchasing and upcoming events.
- Update and develop our records for assessment and analysis, including analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of marketing reports, and to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements of the products and services offered to you.
- Business monitoring and internal record keeping purposes, including maintaining our accounts, complying with good practice and for other administrative, operational and security reasons.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To communicate with you, including about your transactions, giving you important information about your ticket purchases membership and sending you notices about any material changes to this Privacy Notice.
- We may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate with our partners for research purposes. In other words, we will not tell our partners that you visited a certain page, but may tell them how many visitors visited that page.
- We will not sell or transfer personal information to third parties. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as detailed above, or for some other purpose for which you have given your consent, or where a government, regulatory body or the law requires or allows us to disclose your personal information.
The law allows us to use your personal information on the basis that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or we are acting in our “legitimate interests” in the promotion and efficient running of our business, provided your rights and freedoms are not overridden.
When you register for our “WI Insider” fan mail, purchase any of our event tickets, request information on our website or otherwise communicate with us, we and specific third parties may use your personal information to send you marketing-related correspondence by e-mail, post, text, phone calls or digital advertising related to our services.
When we process your personal information for marketing purposes, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in promoting our organisation and to personalise and to target more effectively our marketing communications to ensure, to the extent possible, that any marketing-related correspondence is relevant to you.
If you are currently receiving regular mailings from us and would like this to stop, you can opt out and ask for your information to be removed from our database. To opt out of receiving marketing-related correspondence from us, please click “Unsubscribe” from any marketing or promotional email you receive from us. This will ensure that we will not send you regular mailings of that sort again unless you opt back in, but we still have your email information.
COMBINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may combine the personal information that we collect from you (including information received from our partners) to the extent permitted by applicable law. For example, we may combine various databases that contain your personal information to allow us to provide better support services and more personalised content (such as marketing).
3. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We will only use your personal information for our internal business purposes, some of which are mentioned above. We may also disclose your personal information to the following entities:
- Service Providers. We use third party service providers to help us to administer certain activities and services on our behalf, such as providing our website, analysing usage of our Services, facilitating bookings of events. We may share Personal Information about you with such third-party service providers solely for the purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf and they will operate only in accordance with our instructions. Here are examples of third-party service providers we use:
- CricViz hosts our website and helps us to maintain the software that runs our website. They also serve cookies on our behalf to enable any site personalisation and log in functionality.
- Two Circles Marketing Agency administer our data warehouse and also provide analytics on our data.
- Secutix process data in regard of ticket sales for the venue.
- Third parties when required by law or to protect our services. We will disclose your personal information to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from our regulators, law enforcement or other government agencies; to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our services); to operate and maintain the security of our website (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of CWI, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our services.
4. What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place appropriate physical and technical measures to safeguard the personal information that we collect in connection with our services. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those people and businesses who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. However, please note that although we take appropriate steps to protect your personal information, no website, device, online application or transmission of data, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
5. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as outlined in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law. When your personal information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected for, or as required by applicable law, it will be deleted and/or returned to you in accordance with applicable law.
6. Updating and accessing your information and other rights you have
We collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with your rights under applicable data protection laws. In certain circumstances you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to review any personal information that we have about you and request copies of such personal information.
- To correct the personal information that we have about you, or request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold.
- To have your personal information ‘erased’.
- Where you have consented to our processing of your personal information, the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- Require us to cease using your personal information.
- To object to specific types of processing of your personal information, including if you receive any marketing information from us and wish us to cease using the data for this purpose.
- To request us to port (i.e. transmit) your personal information directly to another organisation.
- The right not to be subject to decisions being taken solely on the basis of automated processing.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address below, stating your full name and address and providing all relevant information. We will respond to your request without undue delay and by no later than one month from receipt of any such request, unless a longer period is permitted by applicable data protection laws. We may charge a reasonable fee for dealing with your request where permitted to do so by applicable data protection laws. We will notify you of any such fee.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights under applicable data protection laws, you may contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
Our website contains links to sites that are not operated by us. If you visit one of these linked sites, any personal information collected by the site will be controlled by the third party’s privacy notice. We strongly recommend that you review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
8. Contacting us
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, please contact us by e-mail – email@example.com or post for the attention of the CWI Digital Manager, Cricket West Indies, P.O. Box 616W, Factory Road, St John’s, Antigua.