Windward Islands Cricket Board Introduce Term Limit For Presidency
- CWI Vice-President Dr. Kishore Shallow was elected Windwards President in May 2019
- Windward Islands is one of the six CWI Territorial Boards
St.John’s, Antigua – Cricket West Indies (CWI) member, the Windward Islands Cricket Board (WICB) introduced term-limits for Presidency at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held via Zoom on Saturday, August 22, 2020.
This constitution change of the newly renamedWICB (formerly the Windward Islands Cricket Board of Control) follows the public disclosure of the “Wehby report” to stakeholders around Caribbean, which had governance improvement recommendations for both CWI and the territorial boards (TBs). WICB’s President, Dr. Kishore Shallow said:
“It was a productive meeting, we had a fruitful meeting with some significant strides as a board, none more important than the adoption of a revised constitution.”
Dr. Shallow further expressed:
“Sincerest gratitude to Patrick Felix and Michael Findlay for conducting a prudent exercise to revise the constitution. My esteemed colleagues on the board also deserve commendations for being so forward-thinking with their positive reception to the proposed changes.”
The Directors from the four Member States; Saint Vincent & Grenadines Cricket Association, Dominica Cricket Association, Grenada Cricket Association and Saint Lucia National Cricket Association participated in the meeting which was constitutionally due in May 2020. The meeting had been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A critical outcome of the five-hour long meeting was the adoption of a proposed revised constitution. The revision was led by former WICB director, Saint Lucian Patrick Felix and current CWI Independent Director, HE Michael Findlay.
Summary of meeting and constitutional changes include:
- A name change from Windward Islands Cricket Board of Control to Windward Islands Cricket Board.
- A term limit for the Presidency of WICB; a maximum of four (4) consecutive two-year terms
- A selection policy was given precedence for selections of all Windward Islands teams.
- Developing a WICB Strategic Plan for 2021-2025.
- Treasurer Dougal James confirmed that the two Windwards bodies, WICB and Windwards Cricket Inc (Volcanoes) are in the best financial state for at least the last five (5) years, with savings in both accounts and no outstanding payables.