Board of Directors takes critical decisions to advance WI cricket
St John’s, Antigua– The Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board met in Antigua on Friday March 25 and Saturday March 26 and took a number of crucial decisions to advance West Indies cricket development at all levels.
Review of the WICB Draft Strategic Framework
The Board reviewed the Draft Strategic Framework 2011-2016 as prepared by the management of the WICB. The Board made recommendations, additions and amendments which will be incorporated into the framework. The framework will then be shared with key stakeholders in West Indies cricket for their contributions and suggestions. Following the contributions of key stakeholders – players, sponsors, match officials etc – the Strategic Framework will be brought to the Board of Directors in July for final approval and execution thereafter.
Draft Schedule of Cricket 2011-2012
Directors reviewed the draft schedule of cricket for the next financial year of the WICB (October 2011 – September 2012) and decided the following:
- The WICB Regional 50 Over Tournament will, as of the 2011-2012 season, be hosted by Territorial Boards on a rotational basis.
- The WICB Regional 50 Over Tournament 2011 scheduled for October (18th to 31st) will be hosted in Guyana.
The Draft Schedule of Cricket 2011-2012 is attached.
Event MOU between the WICB and Territorial Boards
The Board approved an Event Memorandum of Understanding between the WICB and Territorial Boards.
Umpires pathway and Curators Programme
- The Board evaluated and approved an Umpires Pathway for West Indian umpires to advance in their profession and officiate at the highest levels of world cricket.
- The Board approved the implementation of a Curator’s Programme and has mandated the WICB Management to finalize terms and conditions for the involvement of the ICC Pitch Consultant. The Curators Programme will be designed and executed to for the up-skilling of ground and pitch curators across the region.
Policies and codes
The Board of Directors approved the following:
- WICB Communications and Public Relations Policy
- WICB Anti-Doping Code
- WICB Anti-Corruption Code
The Board received reports from the Chief Executive Officer and on the Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket and Digicel Grassroots Cricket programmes.
WICB Draft Schedule of Cricket 2011-2012
September 22 – 30: Pre Tour Testing – West Indies Men’s Team
October 1 – December 20: West Indies tours to Bangladesh and India
October 18 – 31: WICB Regional 50 Over Tournament (Guyana)
October: West Indies A Team Tour to Sri Lanka (TBC)
November 14 – 26: ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier (Bangladesh)
December 10 – 20: WICB Regional Under 17 (Trinidad)
February 7 – 26: Caribbean Twenty20 (Venue – TBC)
March 6 – May 7: WICB Regional 4 Day Tournament (Venue – TBC)
March 6 – 14: Pre Series Testing – West Indies Men’s Team
March 14 – April 23: Digicel Series 2012 – West Indies v Australia
March 2 – 24*: Sri Lanka Women’s tour to the West Indies
May 1 – June 20: West Indies tour to England
May – June: India A Team tour to West Indies (TBC)
May – June:West Indies A Team tour to Pakistan (TBC)
May 1 – July 31: Sagicor High Performance Center Semester
June 23 – August 2: Digicel Series 2012 West Indies v New Zealand
June 1 – 30*: ICC Youth World Cup (Dubai)
July 7 – 21: WICB Regional Under 15 Tournament (Trinidad)
July 3 – 24*: West Indies Women’s tour to England
July 28 – August 27: TCL Group West Indies U 19 Challenge (Leewards)
August 5 – 14: WICB Women’s 50 Over League (Venue – TBC)
September 15 -October 7: ICC World Twenty20 (Sri Lanka)
*Indicates provisional dates