Fidel targeting Tendulkar scalp
 

KOLKATA, India, IANS/CMC –  Elated after having dismissed Indian master batsman Sachin Tendulkar in the series opener, West Indies fast bowler Fidel Edwards hopes for an encore in the rest of the series.

 

The entire cricketing world is waiting for Tendulkar to complete the historic feat of 100 international centuries – he is one short of the milestone – but Edwards has other ideas.

 

“I will do everything I can to see to it he doesn’t get there against the [West Indies],” said Edwards, who bowled with pace in the first Test in Delhi last week.

 

“I would want him to score nought in the rest of the series.”

 

The 29-year-old-Barbadian, set to play his 50th Test match when the second Test starts Monday at Eden Gardens, removed Tendulkar for seven in Delhi, lbw with a quick delivery of fullish length.

 

More importantly, it gave Edwards his 150th Test scalp.

 

Calling the Indian batting genius a “great player”, Edwards said in his young days he used to watch him in admiration.

 

“After that, getting to bowl to him is a big achievement. We have to get him out to stop him from scoring runs,” Edwards stressed.

 

Despite the threat posed by Tendulkar who became the first batsman to pass the 15 000-run mark in Tests during the Delhi affair, Edwards acknowledged that veteran right-hander Rahul Dravid was perhaps more dangerous.

 

“Dravid is probably the most difficult batsman [to bowl to],” Edwards said.

 

“He’s known all over the world as ‘The Wall'’. Back home, I’ve bowled against him and he’s been very good up front. It’s very hard to get him out.”

Date: 
Sat, 11/12/2011 - 15:46